Friday, November 14, 2008

New Poem Alert!!!!!

current music: i am currently listening to the album Reise, Reise by Rammstein.

i don't know if this would be considered exciting but i finished a new poem at around 1 AM Eastern Time today.

this poem is titled *gasp* (just an FYI - titled poems are rare for me, if i hadn't mentioned that already.) the title of this poem is called Rapscallion, which, if you don't know what that word means, it means rascal or someone who is a rouge or who is mischievous.

also in the poem i mention the Green Fairy. and for those of you who don't know what the Green Fairy is, it's Absinthe. and if you don't know what absinthe is, look it up on Wikipedia. i also have a line at the end that says "like his voice in my head" i am not referring to god. if you know me well you might be able to figure out who i'm referring to.

anyway, i hope you enjoy it. comments are greatly appreciated.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rapscallion
little brats of green that are your eyes
behind blood shot panes
hiding your face
behind a mask of a Green Fairy stupor
to which you show a soul
i never thought the gods would let me see.
your little angel mask -
bury myself in awe of your nerve grating look,
that one that knows me better,
who knows my soul on a look,
of frozen memories
dormant fragments of
millions of imaginations
broken like twigs and scattered -
different things
same day.
when you're my everything and nothing
everything advances
slowly like a viewmaster
fixed forever on repeat
like his voice in my head
that voice so deep it strikes bone
and leaves you staring
until i can say i love you
go to bed.

2 comments:

BIBI said...

You know what,? your poems are very intriguing. Have you ever considered writing a book? Love your title by the way!

Unknown said...

I like! Especially the end - it's so, I don't know, FINAL. A demand. Good job : )