Wednesday, November 5, 2008

the first poem you get to see

the title of the first poem that i'm posting is called Look One. i wrote this poem September 20, 2008. i hope ya'll like it.

----------------------------------------------------------

you looked at me
with those Elizabeth Bennet eyes
and i couldn't turn awaybecause they burn.
the power of suggestion by a look -
what else could go wrong today?
in agony without that sound in my ear
and i'm dying
without those gentle words to soothe.

unfortunate is it not?
how i'm here
you're there
and when everything falls to pieces
time stands still
dust settles into living statues
and i still won't forget how you made me cry
tripping over words
to get you to say you hate me.

never knew me
how i've faded with every distant memory
that you're chocking on
in hopes of forgetting
hoping you'll be the typical country song

a six pack of long necks
your guitar and a dog.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I love this!! When did you write this, like what time of day? Just curious. Seemed like you were in a particular mood when you wrote this. I always wonder who your poems are about; but then I like the not knowing...